Monday, June 13, 2011

Messy Marvin

As a very little kid, that's the name I made up for people I deemed to be messy eaters. And Lucas is one seriously Messy Marvin.


Lucas is gaining quite the appetite these days. Sweet potatoes is a favorite (besides whatever Mom or Dad happen to be eating, of course). He also loves carrots and squash - basically, anything that's orange. Maybe he knows the color looks good on him.

Notice how the food extends from eyebrow to diaper line.

If a bit of food happens to fall on the tray of his high chair, he immediately rubs his hands in it... and then rubs his hands all over his face... and his belly... and his chest.





He always gets distracted by the spoon. He wants to hold it himself.















"I want the spoon! Give it to me! And let me hold that camera while you're at it!"





At this point in the meal, I remove Lucas from the high chair, arms extended, and place him into the bathtub where he proceeds to kick and splash water wall to wall. If anything, this kid is thorough.

3 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

He's too big!!! Just wait until he starts eating table food. I sweep my floor a minumum of 4 times a day. No joke. I'm tempted to get an indoor dog to be my vacuum.

p.s. I miss you.

Hilary said...

Amy, you can borrow my dog.

Megan, I love these photos. He's so cute and I love how happy he is.

I liked "Maybe he knows the color looks good on him." It reminds me why you came up with such a great blog name.

Next time mention how the food extending from his eyebrow to his diaper line is a rare talent and was probably inherited from your artistic genes.

Ha.

Megan said...

I love these. I love his smile.