Monday, June 4, 2012

The First Haircut

I delayed it for so long. I knew it needed to happen. I blamed it on laziness, but the truth was, I was dreading cutting off those sweet little baby curls and admitting my baby is, in fact, a little boy.

But now that Lucas has lived in his short hair for a few weeks, I love it. And he looks great (better?).

I made Daniel bring his camera along so we could document Lucas's first haircut (including the walk to the barber). Here are some of my favorite photos:

Cute Lucas telling us about the "birs" in the trees. Me at a not-so-cute 4 months pregnant.

This kid won't look at the camera...
In order to get any expression out of him, we have to tell him to beat his chest like a gorilla.
Or to act like a monkey.

His hair, in full glory.
Side view of the curls.

This was the expression he had pretty much the whole time. Totally suspicious of what was happening to him. (Although we had watched YouTube videos of kids getting their hair cut the day before.)

Still suspicious.
Check out that expression in the mirror.



P.S. Lucas was perfectly behaved. He didn't wiggle out of his chair. He occasionally would turn his head to see what was going on with the other people getting their hair cut. Everyone in the barber shop commented on how good he was. Love this boy!

No comments: